Lift One child sponsorships take the budding relationships from BTown Kids summer program to the next level as parents agree to continue walking together throughout the school year. Dedicated volunteers offer ongoing encouragement, provide for needs, and advocate for academic success. As a Lift One child sponsor, you spread love and resources to a child here in Portland that boosts the confidence he/she needs to get a better view of tomorrow.
Your Lift One sponsorship provides:
Personal Connection: Each Lift One child is personally connected with a trained BTown Kids team member on a monthly basis. Connection is made through:
- Home visitations
- Continued and committed interaction throughout the year
- Support, encouragement, and recognition for developmental achievement
- Intentional focus on an effective learning environment- advocating for a child to have a designated learning station in their home for homework, academic projections and personal creativity
Needs Provision: Each Lift One child receives as needed:
- Clothing (provided by Northwest Children’s Outreach year-round)
- School supplies as needed
- Holiday celebrations (Thanksgiving basket, Christmas gifts, and Easter Eggstravaganza)
- Special occasion activities, i.e. birthday celebrations
- Other assistance based on assessed needs
BTown Kids Summer Program: Each Lift One child has access to:
- Saturday meals from June through August
- A fun, safe environment to learn, play and grow
- First-priority invitations to BTown Kids Camp each August
Lift One Sponsorship cost is $25.00 per month or $300 for the entire year.
As a sponsor you will receive a:
- Picture of your child with his/her bio stating fun information like their favorite color, activities, and personal aspirations
- Bracelet to sport your support of BTown Kids within the community
- A yearly update on your child
To sign up as a Lift One Sponsor, click on the donate link at the top of the page.